1.2.14

Beauty: January Favourites

Soap&Glory - 'The Ultimelt' hot cloth cleanser | Bare Minerals - Pure Transformation Night Treatment | Ardell - 'Demi Wispies' false lashes | Real Techniques - Contour brush


Only four products have made it into my first lot of favourites of 2014...
 
It took me a while to jump onto the hot cloth cleanser bandwagon with all the attention around the Liz Earle version a while back but with £55 worth of boots points I decided to give the Soap & Glory 'The Ultimelt' a whirl. Rather than using it as a daily cleanser, it's in with the face masks and exfoliators for when my skin needs a quick pick-me-up.

This Bare Minerals night treatment is one of the oddest products I own for sure. As it's a multi-purpose product it can be used as a night treatment or as a full coverage powder foundation during the day... it feels as though you're wearing make-up to bed! But, as weird as it seems, it works amazingly for both uses!

It's a very rare occasion that I go out in public without a pair of false lashes on, which is terrible I know, but acknowledging my eyelash addiction is the first step... I'm gradually trying to wear more natural styles to eventually feel better about going 'au naturel' and the Ardell 'demi wispies' style is perfect!

Last but certainly not least, I've been on the hunt for the Real Techniques contour brush alone for forever with no luck so I finally gave in and treated myself to the 'core collection' set (which contains the buffing brush, pointed foundation brush, detailer brush and of course the contour brush).
I don't know how I ever managed to contour without it!


Which are your favourite beauty products of 2014 so far?





Follow me on Twitter: @leahclare_ | Follow me on Instagram: @leah_cg

4 comments:

  1. Really want to try the cleanser, it sounds lovely. And that contour brush is awesome!

    Tiny Alis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never worn fake eyelashes, they scare me a bit! I agree about the BareMinerals products being odd although sounds amazing!

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11040855

    ReplyDelete