26.2.13

Haul; Forever 21, Body Shop, Victoria's Secret ect.

Quite a long one today, but here are the purchases I made on my trip to America a couple of weeks ago...



#01 'I heart NY' t-shirt - Empire State Building gift shop
#02 Block colour smock - Forever 21


#03 Neon coral triangle statement necklace - Forever 21
#04 Green lace lingerie set - Victoria's Secret


#05 Grey jersey asymmetric dress - Forever 21
#06 'Midsummers Night' scented candle - Yankee Candle


#07 All-in-one BB cream & Concealer crayon (shades #02) - The Body Shop
#08 Deep sea complete nail kit treatment - Deep Sea Cosmetics

#01. I've been lusting after a legit 'I heart NY' t-shirt for so long (by legit I mean not from ebay but actually from NYC)! Alas, on my trip to New York a couple of weeks ago I got my mits on one! However, after spending $15 on it from the gift shop at the top of the empire state building, walking out of the front doors, a merchandise man walks right past shouting 'new york t-shirts, $5'. Damn.

#02. I thought this top was so cute. I loved the colour blocking and the slight take on the peplum trend. The peplum isn't actually structured but is a chiffon material that carries on  rather than pinching in at the waist.

#03. As you may already know, I have quite an obsession with statement/cuff necklaces. I'm automatically drawn to the big shiny necklace towers in all the stores. I lovelovelove the neon-coral colour of this one, it doesn't come accross very clearly in the picture, I probably should have taken in on a different background... oops.

#04. Ok, so this is probably my fave purchase that i've made in the last year at least. VICTORIA'S SECRET! I won't lie, I did spend a rather large sum of $75 on this lingerie set, but it's soo pwetty! I was really hoping to get a red lingerie set but all the colours in VS are so girly and pastel, however I still absolutely adore this set, especially the colour of the lacey embroidery!

#05. You may have seen this dress already in my latest outfit post (here) where I mentioned how I don't usually like the whole asymmetric skirt trend anymore, but I really love this one. The jersey material it so versitile so it can be worn casually as well as glammed-up... love it!

#06. I see so many bloggers raving about scented candles and never really thought they'd be all that great, but I went for it when there was a sale in the Yankee Candle store. I spent about 20 minutes just smelling all of the scents and trying to find one that I liked best and landed on 'midsummers night'. The scent is kind of a deep, relaxing smell in comparison to some of the others that were a bit too sweet. I also bought some of the the car scent vent sticks of the same scent.

#07. I've been using the 17 BB cream for a while now and is starting to run out so I thought i'd try out the Body Shop beauty balm. I haven't used it yet but when I do I might do a review.
The concealer, I have used and so far so good... quite a thick crayon with good coverage.

#08. Last but not least, my nail treatment kit. This was from a stall in the Mall in New Hampshire. Either I'm a top-notch bargainer or the guy was quite desperate for me to buy it, as I managed to get the price down from $60 to $20! The kit consists of a nail buffer, hand and body moisturiser and some cuticle oil, the moisturiser smells incredible. The salesman tried it out on my nail first to show how it works and I was pleasantly suprised! It made my  nail so smooth and shiny and has made it much smoother to apply polish. Even up until today, a week and a half later, it's still super shiny!




8 comments:

  1. Ah Victoria Secrets! That set is beautiful! I'm very jealous. I love all your Forever 21 purchases :) xo.

    student-stylexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour block shirt, such gorgeous colours. Looks pretty easy to dress up or down as well.

    http://katydesu.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now following :)
    If you could give me your thoughts on my latest post that would make my day.
    XOXO
    Morgan
    http://thesocialboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to make a trip to Victoria secrets soon. I also recently bought a Yankee Candle in vanilla bean and it smells gorgeous. I love them. Lovely haul x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely! such a gorgeous shop!
      ah i might try that one then :) xx

      Delete
  5. Love the necklace and that sexy Victoria secret undies :) x

    http://www.lucia-lolita.com/

    ReplyDelete